My research on the diet of the thylacine was considered one of the greatest scientific discoveries of 2011, according to a review by ABC.
- Radio interview on ABC PM, “Ancient relative of Tasmanian Tiger had powerful jaws” 10/04/2014 with Felicity Ogilvie
- Guest speaker on Bush Telegraph, “Remembering the last thylacine”, 06/09/2011 by Michael Cathcart
- Morning Report, 01/09/2011 by Radio New Zealand
- ABC News podcast “Tassie Tiger not so menacing after all” 01/09/2011 by Selina Bryan
- Invited speaker on the ABC Science Radio Show. The segment was titled “What killed the Tasmanian tiger“, 17/12/2011 hosted by Robyn Williams.
TV Interviews & News
- ABC News, pre-recorded interview with experts on thylacine research, 01/09/2011
- SBS News, report on 01/09/2011
Online feature articles
- “Ancient marsupial tougher than Tassie tiger“ by Stuart Gary, ABC Science. 10/04/2014
- “Mini ‘Tasmanian Tiger’ took down large prey”. by Charles Q. Choi and LifeScience, Scientific American. 10/04/2014.
- “Riversleigh fossil reveals a fearsome ancient killer”. UNSW Newsroom. 10/04/2014
- “An extinct carnivorous marsupial hunted prey larger than itself” by Chris Pash, Business Insider, 10/04/2014
- “Neanderthals could speak like modern humans, study suggests” by Melissa Hogenboom, BBC News. 20/12/2013
- “Did Neanderthals speak like us? Horseshoe-shaped neck bone suggests ancestors used complex speech” by Sarah Griffiths, Mail Online. 23/12/2013.
- “Tasmanian tiger’s jaws were too weak to kill sheep“, by Victoria Gill, Science Reporter, BBC Nature News. 2011
- “Thylacine’s jaws linked to its extinction” by Laura Boness, Science Illustrated. 2011
- “Tasmanian tiger’s bark worse than its bite” by Deborah Smith. The article can be found on Armidale Express, Tenterfield Star, Barossa & Light Herald, Nambucca Guardian News, Ararat Advertiser, Eastern Riverina Chronicle, Farm Weekly, Bega District News, Blue Mountains Gazette, Bellingen Courier Sun, Busselton Dunsborough Mail, Wellington Times, West Coast Sentinel, Monash Weekly, The Transcontinental, Cobar Age, Stock and Land, Warrnambool Standard, Bay Post/Moruya Examiner, Collie Mail, Bendigo Advertiser, Blayney Chronicle, Wagin Argus, Daily Advertiser, Myall Coast Nota, Goondiwindi Argus, Great Lakes Advocate, The Canberra Times, Eyre Peninsula Tribune, Ballarat Courier, WA today, Moree Champion. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tigers ‘no sheep killers’” by John von Radowitz. Article is available at SBS, The West Australian, Sky News Australia, Sydney Morning Herald, Brisbane Times, Channel 9 News. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tiger changes sheep-killing stripes” by Selina Bryan, ABC Online. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tiger’s jaws were too small to attack sheep“, by Ben Norman, EurekAlert. 2011.
- “Tasmanian Tiger: Weak jaw or weak study? New study conflicts with old eyewitness reports“, Macroevolution.net. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tiger too weak to hunt sheep” by APP and AG staff, Australian Geographic. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tigers wrongly convicted of killing sheep” by Stephanie Pappas, Live Science. 2011.
- “Tasmanian tiger wrongly hunted to extinction” by Justine E. Hausheer, Scienceline. 2011.
- Sydney Morning Herald and Newcastle Herald – “Tasmanian tiger’s cousin a more fearsome killer“, 10/04/2014
- Sydney Morning Herald – “Tasmanian tiger’s bark worse than its bite” 01/09/2011 by Deborah Smith.
- Canberra Times – “Tasmanian tiger’s bark worse than its bite” 01/09/2011 by Deborah Smith
- MX Newspaper – “Thylacine’s no sheep killer” on 01/09/2011